Wednesday, 25 April 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #3

Adorkable by Sarra Manning 
May 24th 2012

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Jeane Smith is seventeen and has turned her self-styled dorkiness into an art form, a lifestyle choice and a profitable website and consultancy business. She writes a style column for a Japanese teen magazine and came number seven in The Guardian's 30 People Under 30 Who Are Changing The World. And yet, in spite of the accolades, hundreds of Internet friendships and a cool boyfriend, she feels inexplicably lonely, a situation made infinitely worse when Michael Lee, the most mass-market, popular and predictably all-rounded boy at school tells Jeane of his suspicion that Jeane's boyfriend is secretly seeing his girlfriend. Michael and Jeane have NOTHING in common - she is cool and individual; he is the golden boy in an Abercrombie & Fitch T-shirt. So why can't she stop talking to him? - Goodreads 

Why? 
Quirky characters. Contemporary YA. Opposites attract. Sarra Manning. Cuteness overload!!

What are you waiting on? 



17 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this, but it sounds like a fantastic contemporary book! I am loving this successful, embracing dorkiness girl, and quite want to find out about Michael Lee haha. Thank you for sharing, definitely on my TBR now!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! So totally waiting on this! This is so my type of book. Awesome pick!=D (Love the title of your blog, btw:D)

    Drop by my WoW?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm a big Neko Case fan which is how I got the idea for the title :)

      Delete
  3. The model looks like a not so tired, younger version of Christina Aguilera, right? Not right? *scratches head* Or that one actress, who played.. someone. Damn, I'm so slow today. XD

    Anyway, cute is always good! :D

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I can see the Christina Aguilera resemblance in there...somewhere.
      Thanks for the follow! Following back :)

      Delete
  4. Wow, never heard of this one! Sounds like it could be awesome, kind of like Stephanie Perkins's Lola!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it's half as awesome as Lola it will be fantastic!

      Delete
  5. Wow! This sounds fantastic! I love contemporary novels too! New follower by GFC!
    There is something about drama-filled books that get me hooked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow! I love the dramz too :D
      Following back!

      Delete
  6. I haven't heard about this book yet either - looove the title and cover! Sounds like a really good quick read, will have to keep an eye out for it! Thanks for the rec :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've started reading a few paranormal type series so the thought of reading a contemporary quick read is really appealing.

      Delete
  7. Oh my gosh, this looks so good!!! I haven't heard of it before but I added it to my TBR list! Thanks so much for sharing! I agree with the comments above, it sounds just like Lola from Stephanie Perkins' book! Great pick :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love discovering new books. I hope the main character is as cool as Lola :)

      Delete
  8. I want this book as well!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani
    WoW - http://paulettespapers.com/?p=1983

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never heard of this one either but it really sounds cool! Cover is cute! My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds really cool. Is it being published in the US or just Australia? I hope both.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...