Wednesday, 2 May 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #4

Meant To Be by Lauren Morrill
November 13th 2012 by Delacorte 

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

It's one thing to fall head over heels into a puddle of hazelnut coffee, and quite another to fall for the—gasp—wrong guy. Straight-A junior Julia may be accident prone, but she's queen of following rules and being prepared. That's why she keeps a pencil sharpener in her purse and a pocket Shakespeare in her, well, pocket. And that's also why she's chosen Mark Bixford, her childhood crush, as her MTB ("meant to be").

But this spring break, Julia's rules are about to get defenestrated (SAT word: to be thrown from a window) when she's partnered with her personal nemesis, class-clown Jason, on a school trip to London. After one wild party, Julia starts receiving romantic texts . . . from an unknown number! Jason promises to help discover the identity of her mysterious new suitor if she agrees to break a few rules along the way. And thus begins a wild goose chase through London, leading Julia closer and closer to the biggest surprise of all: true love.

Because sometimes the things you least expect are the most meant to be. 

I really love this cover. The colours are so pretty. A cool cover is normally enough to get me interested in a book, but the summary for this is equally as attention grabbing. A geeky, uptight protagonist who is forced to pair up with her nemesis/class clown sounds like a recipe for lots of laughs. And it all takes place in London! 

What are you waiting on this week? 

13 comments:

  1. Oh, this sounds wonderful! I love the cover too! I agree, the colors are really pretty. :) Great pick!

    Pam | jellylovesbooks

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was my pick for WoW, too! I love the look of it, and how much sass the blurb conveys. I can't wait to read it.

    see my new WoW at yafictionandwhiskeysours.blogger.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, this sounds so cute! Excellent pick. :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree the cover is really pretty :)
    I hope the book is awesome as the cover !

    My WoW
    http://nicksbookblog93.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-16-of-poseidon-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meant to Be sounds so cute. And totally love the cover. Awesome pick! :D

    Drop by my WoW? :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had my eye on this one for about a month now great pick!
    I really like the cover :)


    Here's my WoW post :)

    -Kimberly @ Turning The Pages

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book does sound good! I may be adding it to my own TBR list.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani
    http://paulettespapers.com/?p=1993

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great cover and pick.

      http://tributebooksreviews.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday.html

      Delete
  8. This sounds really cute, I can't wait to read this! Great pick :)

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one's pretty high on my wishlist! Sounds like a great story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pick, this sounds really good. I love the cover
    Em
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah! I can't wait for MTB! xo-E

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great choice!! I am waiting for this one too. I love the cover!! Thanks for sharing!! :)

    My WOW: http://bellesbookbag.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...