Wednesday, 13 June 2012

Bake That Book: Harry Potter Butterbeer Cupcakes

One of the things I love to do besides reading is baking. So I thought, why not combine two of my loves to create a giant ball of loveliness???

A while back I reviewed The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater which described in mouthwatering detail these little treats called November cakes. Stiefvater has posted a recipe for them which I swore to make (still haven't gotten around to that but one day I will) and planted the seed in my head to post recipes inspired by my favourite YA books. Cooking novel inspired dishes isn't a new concept and I take no credit for this idea. I just want to share the yummy things I make that remind me of my favourite books. 

First up is probably one of the most loved fictitious foods (or I should say, drinks). I had my first taste of Butterbeer when I was fortunate enough to visit The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando, Florida late last year. It was absolutely amazing and I loved how they had recreated a little piece of Harry Potter magic in the middle of a bustling theme park. This recipe has been on my radar for awhile, and after seeing pictures of Butterbeer cupcakes on Tastespotting (my go to food exploration site) I just knew I had to make them.

BUTTERBEER CUPCAKES 

Inspired by: Butterbeer from Harry Potter (First mentioned in Harry Potter & The Prisoner of Azkaban).

Recipe: You can find the recipe for Butterbeer Cupcakes at Amy's Bites or an Australia friendly version here


"Harry drank deeply. It was the most delicious thing he'd ever tasted and seemed to heat every bit of him from the inside."- Harry Potter & The Prisoner of Azkaban, Chapter 10 


                        

      







My Butterbeer cupcakes turned out really nice. The cake was light and moist due to the addition of Creamy Soda and buttermilk in the batter, and there is a distinct butterscotch-y flavour. While they may not taste exactly like Butterbeer they come pretty darn close. 


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Those look yummy. Might have to visit my kitchen soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG these look so good!!!! Definitely going to check out the recipe! It looks like the perfect reading snack :-)

    Following your blog! Feel free to visit mine!
    SeeitORreadit

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...