Friday, 15 June 2012

Follow Friday #5

Feature and Follow Friday is a blog hop hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read


Q: Happy Father's Day! Who is your favorite dad character in a book and why?

Let me start by saying I had no idea that it was Father's Day in other parts of the world. In Australia we celebrate Father's Day in September. So Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there!

As for dads in books, well I guess the obvious one that has probably been said a million times already is Charlie Swan from Twilight. I loved how even though he and Bella didn't talk much or express their emotions openly you could tell that they really loved and cared for each other. Charlie seems like an awesome dad to have. Although in saying that, when me and my friend went to see one of the Twi films (can't remember which one!) we were cracking up laughing at how Charlie was depicted drinking a can of beer in nearly every scene he was in. That's great parenting right there.

Source: PerfectPattinson



Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. I'm really annoyed that the actual good written characters are on the sidelines in Twilight. I absolutely loved Charlie, Carlisle, Jasper.. many times in the books, I would've much rather read about them.

    old follower

    Ella
    My follow friday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree. There are a lot of interesting characters in the Twilight series that could have been explored more.

      Delete
  2. New follower!

    Nice choice, and that clip is funny :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/06/follow-friday_15.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I find most of the clips from the Twilight films are hilarious. Even when they are not meant to be :)

      Delete
  3. I chose the same!!! Haha :D

    Old follower
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) I love the clip, Edward's expression makes me laugh. Great choice!

    New Follower
    Here's my FF:
    http://www.yabookseasons.blogspot.com/2012/06/follow-friday-is-meme-hosted-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charlie is a great dad. :)

    New follower.
    My #FF

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol, I like the little animation! Charlie is a good dad, he is always there for Bella!

    New GFC follower. Our FF

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! New Linky Follower hopping on through.

    Great gif! I picked Charlie too.

    Here's my FF if you'd like to check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a lot of people picked Charlie :) He's the quintessential cool YA fiction dad.

      Delete
  8. Hopping through!! Great choice!!! I am a new follower!!

    Elle@ http://lovebigreadbig.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hopping through. Love Charlie. That's a great GIF. I think I love him in the movies even more than the books.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sarah! Old follower, not participating in FF this week:( buut, I come bearing good news all the same! I have nominated you for the Liebster Award! Congratulations! If you just click my name, it's the last post I did.
    Good choice btw.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...