Wednesday, 8 August 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #8


Send Me A Sign by Tiffany Schmidt
October 2nd 2012 - Walker Childrens

Mia is always looking for signs. A sign that she should get serious with her soccer-captain boyfriend. A sign that she’ll get the grades to make it into an Ivy-league school. One sign she didn’t expect to look for was: “Will I survive cancer?” It’s a question her friends would never understand, prompting Mia to keep her illness a secret. The only one who knows is her lifelong best friend, Gyver, who is poised to be so much more. Mia is determined to survive, but when you have so much going your way, there is so much more to lose. From debut author Tiffany Schmidt comes a heart-wrenching and ultimately uplifting story of one girl’s search for signs of life in the face of death -  Goodreads 







I generally steer clear of  books that deal with cancer because I generally can't handle the sads. But a large portion of the reviews for this on Goodreads sound something like "I don't like cancer books BUT..." and then go on to say how great this book is.

What are you waiting on this week? 
Leave your links and I'll be sure to check them out. 


Photobucket

21 comments:

  1. One of my best friends died from cancer but I like to think that there's hope in the books about cancer :)
    Great pick!

    ~Keegan
    http://thepaperparadise.blogspot.com/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday-23-carnival-of.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry for your loss. I like to think there is hope too.

      Delete
  2. Wow, I don't think I've heard of that one yet, but it sounds good! Thank you for sharing! You have a lovely blog - I'm a new follower via GFC!

    My WoW Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words and for the follow :)

      Delete
  3. Great pick

    New follower via GFC. Here's my Wow
    http://pageafterpagereviews.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday_8.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never really taken the time to read the summary completely, but I really like it! And I think that it's actually on NetGalley. :) Hope you'll like it!

    Carina
    Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh cool. I'm not really doing the whole Netgalley thing, but I'm sure other people will be interested in getting their hands on this. Thank you :)

      Delete
  5. I think you read my mind with the comment, I hate saad books that are hopeless but after the GR reviews this may be one I consider reading :)

    New follower :)


    My WOW

    And check out my giveaway HERE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I generally like reading books to escape. I mean my life is depressing enough lol! But the reviews look good.

      Thank you for stopping by :)

      Delete
  6. This book really has that 'I'm going to make you cry' sound, but it also sounds.. hopeful. I'm definitely going to give this one a try.

    My WoW pick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think it sounds hopeful too.

      Delete
  7. Great pick! I can't wait for this!

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome pick! The cover is really eye-catching. It's simple but I love it. :) This one sounds really good. I might have to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello! I have nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award! Check out my blog (http://hercollegeblog.blogspot.com) for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel the same way about books that deal with terminal illness, but if everyone seems to think this one is worth a shot, I'd be willing to overlook my hesitancies!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is on my wishlist. :) And though it's a hard subject to read about, I completely fell in love with The Fault in Our Stars, so I'll definitely be looking into this one. Great pick!

    Here's my WoW

    Randi @ Cardigans, Coffee and Bookmarks

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...